2. How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
3. How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us my mail to CIVIL, 175 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014, USA or emailing us at email@example.com.
4. What information we collect and why
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including the following:
- Personal Data: Name, address, email, phone number, information from third party services that you explicitly give us access to, social media handle, survey responses to the extent they include personal information.
- Payment Data: Credit card information.
- Voluntary Data: Information you voluntarily provide to the Site or when you contact us for any reason.
- Automatically Collected Data: Cookies, “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, analytics services such as Google Analytics.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (e.g. when you contact us for any reason).
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site.
We collect this information to be able to offer you services online, hereunder placing orders for furniture.
5. How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide the services you requested.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any services we offer or provide though it.
- To send our newsletter but you can opt out of it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We may use information to make automated decisions, by contacting users who has already engaged with us online. We do not transfer the information internationally.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Site's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- We may, without restriction, disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Site, our customers or others.
7. Data security
Personal information you provide to us is stored on a password protected server accessible only by administrator. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site because any transmission of information over the Internet has its inherent risks. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You are responsible for keeping your login credentials, if any, confidential.
8. Third party advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our Site. Be advised that these companies may use your non-personal information in order to provide ads about goods and services that may be of interest to you. They may do that by placing or recognizing a unique cookie on your browser.
- Platform Description. Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- Payment. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- Standards. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
10. Children’s Privacy
Our site is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from our database.
If a parent believes that his or her child has submitted personal information to us, he or she can contact us via e-mail. We will promptly delete the information upon learning that it relates to a child under the age of 13. Please note that it is possible some of this information may remain archived in web logs and back-up archives after we delete the information from our active database.
11. Your California Privacy Rights
We may make information, including personal information, available to third parties for third parties' direct marketing purposes. You may instruct us not to share personal information with third parties for third parties' direct marketing purposes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you instruct us not to share personal information with third parties for third parties' direct marketing purposes, please be aware that this does not prohibit disclosures of personal information for non-direct marketing purposes.
12. Processing in the United States
We process and store all information in the United States. By using our Site, you agree that the collection, use, transfer and disclosure of your personal information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
13. Accessing and correcting your personal information